What is a post partum doula?
A postpartum doula provides physical, emotional and informational support for a new mother and her family in the immediate postpartum period – the 4th Trimester.
As a postpartum doula, I will provide women-centered individualized care for each family, using non-biased, educational and evidence-based information. I am here to help you transition to this new phase as smooth as possible. As a mother myself, I understand this special time in your life and the importance of care and support. Following Birthingway’s Biodynamic Model of Care, my primary goal is protecting the well being of the mother-baby dyad with the least amount of intervention necessary.
Services may include:
- In-home pre-natal visit at 36 weeks of pregnancy
- Assistance in creating a postpartum plan
- Breastfeeding and bottle feeding support
- New baby care and guidance – swaddling, calming, bathing
- Baby wearing and diapering education and guidance
- Sibling care – integration and playtime
- Pet care – walking, feeding and socialization
- Light housekeeping
- Light meal prep and planning, grocery shopping, and/or assistance with meal train coordination
- Nurturing care of you and your baby – so you can shower, nap and eat a meal; while also focusing on bonding and healing
- Emotional support for your unique birth and parenting experience
- Back up doula services
- Resources and referrals for additional needs
At this time, I am only offering daytime doula services.
For pricing and other information, contact me today. After an interview and in-home pre-natal visit, I will be available for you starting 2 weeks before your due date. Once your baby is born, let me know and we will plan my visits. They can be scheduled at your convenience in the days, weeks, or even months after your baby is born. Postpartum doula services make a thoughtful, well-utilized gift too!